Final A3 colour mixed media illustration
For my final A3 piece I decided too use Water colour paint, Oil pastel and some collage work, The main background of my final piece is a dark deep purple I made by mixing blue and red too make the colour, I felt that the colour of my final piece would stand out more on a dark background as I have used very light colours. I think I was correct in thinking this as it does make my piece stand out.
Now onto the main piece it's self, The body is made up of two different insects, Wasp, Stick-insect. I felt like these two insects complimented each other and combing the two wouldn't make my final piece too unrealistic. I felt my choice of insect turned out well.
Now onto the type of materials used. So as I drew the parts of the insect I went over each with a white oil pastel giving them an unique design. After doing this i went over them in water colour and this gave my design the effect you can see now. I felt it really worked well and made my design stand out from some of the others in the class. After waiting for my design too finalise as a final decision i made the insect into some collage work by separating certain parts of it and placing it on the background too hopefully make certain areas stand out i think this did the job and I am very happy with how it came out.

No comments:
Post a Comment